In pursuance of the mandate of the University Grant Commission and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, an IQAC has been set up the college to plan, implement and monitor institutional missions and visions and to give a pace of sustained development in the marked parameters of quality enhancement. For any suggestion development, advice, feedback, etc. regarding any aspect of development please write to : Mr. Bidyut Bikash Saikia, Coordinator, IQAC, CNB College, Bokakhat. Mail ID: email@example.com.
Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness is crucial in Colleges. Internal Quality Assurance Cell, in fact, is conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level. Every College should have an internal quality assurance system, with appropriate structure and processes, and with enough flexibility to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders. The internal quality assurance mechanism of the institution may be called “Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)”. The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the colleges.
C N B College has established IQAC on 2nd February 2014. Since the date of establishment the Cell is working for development of student community, faculty and the society. For delivering science education in entire Bokakhat area the Cell is working for last few years. Some notable activities of the Cell in the year 2016-17 are
1. Health Camp: On 21st January 2016 a “Health and Eye check up Camp” was organized at Kailakhat Primary School, Kailakhat where about 100 patients were treated In the camp and the Cataract patients were helped in doing operation at Jorhat Medical College Hospital.
2. Basic Astronomy Camp: With the help of Depatment of Physics ,C N B College a basic astronomy camp was held at Rangagora Jatiya Vidyalaya on 1st March 2016 and at Bongaon Senior Basic School on 2nd March 2016. In this programme sky observation was also done with the help of Telescope.
3. Lecture on Astronomy: On 4th May 2016 a popular Lecture on Astronomy was arranged at C N B College where teachers of different Schools of Bokakhat were participated. In this Programme Uday Narayan Deka, Secretary of Prajyotish Amateur Astronomers’ Association, Guwahati was attended as resource person.
4. Antidrug day : On 26th June 2016 Antidrug day was celebrated where Mr H P Nath , HoD , Dept of Chemistry and Mr Sonjib Borah, HoD, Dept of Zoology delivered lecture to alert the student community from bad affects of drug. Mr Pranjol Hazarika and Mr Phalgun Chetia of C N B College presented a documentary to show how drug destroys human life.
5. Photo exhibition & Yoga Camp: On the occasion of 22nd Foundation day of the College a Photo exhibition and a Yoga Camp was arranged on 12th September 2016 .
6. Life skill seminar: To enhance the skill of students of the College a seminar was arranged on 1st October 2016 where Mr. Palash Kalita, founder of Life skills training, Guwahati delivered speech on “ Role of life skill in building the life of student”
7. Computer Training Programme: Computer knowledge is essential for Research, Academic, and official purpose. To make Faculty and Staff of the College efficient a computer training programme was arranged from 2nd February 2017 to 11th February 2017 at C N B College.
8. Career workshop: In Collaboration with Kaziranga University a Career workshop was arranged for 4th Semester and 6th Semester students 11th February 2017. In the workshop they were taught how to prepare for an interview.
9. Workshop on NAAC assessment: Assessment and Accreditation of a College by “NAAC” is mandatory. The College has to be prepared for NAAC assessment. As a part of this a State Level workshop on “ASSESSMENT AND ACCREDITATION OF QUALITY IN DEGREE COLLEGES OF ASSAM” was organized by the College on 27th February 2017. In this workshop Prof. J C Kalita, Guwahati University, Dr. Bibekananda Sharma Retired Principal J D S G College, Bokakhat, Dr. Ratul Ch Rajkhowa, Retired Professor , Cotton College, Guwahati and Dr. Rupam Kr Saikia , Director CDC, Dibrugarh University attended as resource person.
10. National Science day Celebration: Every year the College observes National Science day. Theme of this year was “Science and Technology for specially abled person”. The College has observed the National Science day (on 28.02.2017) in association with Upper Assam Handicapped Centre with a day long programme. Students of the College prepared Science Projects and Drama for the specially able students of UAHC, Bokakhat. At video Conference hall of the College the students of UAHC enjoyed videos on Basic Astronomy.